Sunday, November 15, 2009

FIFA suspends Maradona for two months over rant at media

URL: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/11/15/maradona.suspended.ap/index.html

Author: N/A (Sports Illustrated)

Summary: Argentinean soccer coach, Diego Maradona, was suspended on Sunday after a three-hour long hearing before the FIFA headquarters panel in Zurich, Switzerland. The 17-member panel banned him from any football related activities after his recent aimed rants at journalists following Argentina's qualification for the World Cup in South Africa. He was also fined a total of 25,000 Swiss Francs which works its way out to $24,250 American. Maradona has apologized to the football world.

What I learned: I didn't really get much out of this article to tell you the truth... Maybe I should start reading something other than Sports Illustrated. Maybe next week? I did notice however that the author specifically noted the times which Maradona arrived in Zurich, before the panel, etc. He also mentioned how he arrived in a limousine. Although these small things may seem irrelevant to the reader, I am continuously finding that they prove to be of importance.

Until next Sunday my friends! (Mark I am using this exclamation point as my 1 intentional one that I am allowed to use)


No comments:

Post a Comment